BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Give Thee Rest and I shall Sleep

3rd day of caring for mom/brothers. I haven't gotten breakfast and sometimes no lunch... My lunch today: A large thing of pot roast! is heating up...
I never have felt so tired for so long! It feels like I just closed my eyes and its time to wake up. I don't WANT to get up, but I couldn't get back to sleep. As soon as I walked out of my room today, I felt like I was dragging 50 tons behind me. Now only... 'half' a day has gone, and Dad's coming home today, but my house is messy, and dad has to go to work tomorrow! So that means a whole more day of caring, so from 3 days to 4...
I am trying not to, but the urge to complain, yell and scream is hitting hard then day 1. Everything seems to be coming down on me with NO parents to help. I feel like I'm on a path, all alone, and I have something that needs to go somewhere, yet the path is way to long. I can't even see where this thing need to go. The urge to sleep makes me tired, yet somethings always poking me, or something in my mind screams 'WAKE UP!'....
Have you ever had to do this before? I feel lost, like I've sown seed, yet it will never grown.

I need help, ask you can tell! Got any verse's for me or anything that can keep me going?

FOODS DONE! Must eat before called away for another task.

3 comments:

Robin said...

7But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. .... 16Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Cor 4:7-10, 16-18
Just remember...you are not alone. The Lord is with you, and He is your strength....Psalms can be very comforting and encouraging when you are exhausted, wanting to complain or just need to feel the nearness of the Lord! Remember these days are temporary. You have been asked to carry a load, and I'm sure that you have done well. God sees your servant heart...He knows your exhaustion, but if you can praise Him in the midst of all of this, you will bring honor to His name and He will be glorified through you! Hang in there...it's almost the weekend!!!!

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Tiffany said...

Yes, amen! I'm praying for you, Shannon. *hugs*